关于 Texas A&M University-San Antonio
Texas A&M University-San Antonio (A&M-SA) is a contemporary university reflective of the diverse and heritage-rich community it serves. Founded as the first upper-division institution of higher education in South San Antonio, A&M-SA today is a comprehensive four-year university offering affordable, high-quality education.
From May 2009, when the A&M-SA became a standalone university, to fall 2017, enrollment grew 340 percent. The University currently serves nearly 6,500 students and has graduated more than 8,000 alumni. The student body is 60 percent female and 72 percent Hispanic, and approximately 77 percent of students are the first in their family to attend college.
Through the University’s 26 undergraduate degrees and 13 graduate degrees, students can pursue a wide variety of in-demand fields, such as education, business, information technology and cyber security, criminology and biology. A&M-SA prepares and empowers students with knowledge and marketable skills that prepare them for rewarding careers, responsible global citizenship and lifelong learning.
- “Timeline Wall” is unveiled in the Central Academic Building of A&M-San Antonio, and tells the story of A&M-San Antonio’s creation and journey to a four-year institution.
- A&M-San Antonio celebrates its 10-year anniversary, with the groundbreaking of Phase One of the new academic and administration building.
- A&M-San Antonio receives $1 million gift from the Financial Literacy of South Texas Foundation (FLSTF). The funding will provide scholarships for accounting and finance majors, and stipends for students engaged in financial literacy projects.
- To honor San Antonio’s 300th anniversary, A&M-San Antonio unveils its Tricentennial-themed exhibit, “San Antonio as a Crossroads: 300 Years of an Evolving Frontier Community.” The collection of photographs, artwork, maps, documents and other historical artifacts is on display at Presidio Gallery located in the Bexar County Archives Building.
- A&M-San Antonio students and one student organization, are presented with the President’s Volunteer Service Award by the White House.
- 网上捕鱼怎样赢钱’s Cyber Security University Program comes to A&M-San Antonio, offering a hybrid course in cyber security, mentorship opportunities and hands-on training in combating simulated cyber-attacks.
- A&M-San Antonio becomes the first university in the world to use SafeZone, an indoor positioning solution used throughout the entire campus, providing alerts to campus police with pinpoint specific locations and three-dimensional views of multi-story buildings.
- The Science & Technology Building opens. It is a three-story building with classrooms and laboratories.
- On February 3, 2016, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on College approves downward expansion. Texas A&M University-San Antonio starts accepting first-year student applications.
- On August 23, 2016, Texas A&M University-San Antonio received a Bexar County proclamation from the Bexar County Commissioners Court. A prestigious honor recognizing the University for strengthening the Bexar County community by broadening our academic reach and becoming a comprehensive four-year university.
- 在2015年1月12日，临时总统博士。辛西娅中尉 - 马特森开始她的任命。
- Expansion approved by 84th Texas Legislative Session to allow Texas A&M University-San Antonio to begin accepting freshman and sophomore applications.
- A military-embracing institution, A&M-SA was named one of the 120 Best Colleges for Vets by Victoria Media, included in the 2014 Top Military-Friendly Universities by Military Advanced Ed. and the Military Times 2014 Military Friendly Schools. With over 12% of students identifying as part of the military community, the University strives to meet the needs of service members and their families in every aspect of their lives. Several University programs are designed to support the transition to academic and civilian life, including a Master of Arts Degree in Counseling and Guidance that focuses on the unique needs of the military community.
- Texas A&M-San Antonio invited the public to celebrate the opening of its inaugural art exhibition at the Educational & Cultural Arts Center of Friday, May 9, 2014. The exhibition, entitled 当代艺术拉丁：EL科拉松·圣安东尼奥，将是向公众开放，通过2014年8月31日和79名展示本地艺术家谁是中央正在进行的我市的艺术叙事。
- A&M-SA presented a record-breaking graduating class with over 730 candidates for the spring 2014 commencement. Since achieving stand-alone status five years ago, the University has grown 216%. This ceremony also presented the first graduates with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
- On March 11, 2014, A&M-San Antonio signed an international collaboration agreement with Universidad Loyola Analucía in Seville, Spain. The agreement will provide for the development of academic and cultural exchange programs for students and faculty, beginning with a study abroad trip to Seville in summer 2014.
- On December 6, 2014, Dr. Cynthia Teniente-Matson named as sole finalist and interim president of Texas A&M University-San Antonio.
- 网上捕鱼怎样赢钱 Texas A&M University-San Antonio has met yet another important milestone with the announcement by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) accrediting the University separately from Texas A&M University-Kingsville. 认证 is retroactive to January 1, 2014.
- 网上捕鱼怎样赢钱 ST。菲利普的大学：骄傲的圣安东尼奥的东侧点 in February 2013. The book is the first in a series the University is sponsoring through Texas A&M University Press called 人民和得克萨斯州的文化.
- Established in 2010, the Southwest Teaching and Learning Conference is sponsored by Texas A&M-San Antonio. The conference publishes a new academic journal which is already receiving submissions from national and international researchers on topics related to learning and the teaching process.
- In early 2012, A&M-SA announced the development of an "Affordable Degree" at a cost around $10,000 in Information Security, led by the new Center for Information Technology and Cyber Security. Already available to high school students, the initiative has continued to garner nationwide attention. The University was designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Security and Information Assurance by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security in April 2012.
- A&M-SA continues to expand its presence at the conveniently located Alamo University Center by offering criminology and information security in addition to undergraduate and graduate degrees in education.
- 商学院建立了一个iPad的租赁方案，让学生有电子书和更多的电子资源容易，性价比获得。在INNOVATE电子书计划继续提供便利和承受能力，并保存至今的学生估计$ 150万头三年。
- The University leases a building at Brooks City-Base to house the College of Business and the Department of Counseling & Leadership, and began offering classes at the Alamo University Center to better serve students in northeast San Antonio.
- Dr. Maria Hernandez Ferrier is named the inaugural president of Texas A&M-San Antonio.
SB 629 is passed by the legislature and is signed by Gov. Rick Perry on May 2009, establishing Texas A&M University-San Antonio as a stand-alone institution.
- The Texas A&M San Antonio Foundation is established to raise scholarship funds for students.
- Texas A&M-San Antonio partners with the Alamo Colleges to create TEAMSA, a program designed to streamline the transfer of credit hours between the institutions.
- 在维拉诺土地组捐赠694英亩对城市的南侧为新校区的建设用地，并提供奖学金$ 1百万。
- The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board approves The Texas A&M System plan to create a System Center on the Palo Alto Community College campus in response to a request for proposals from Texas State Senator Frank Madla. Classes commences that fall with 126 students in seven academic programs.
- Texas Senator Frank Madla requests proposals to establish an institution of higher education on the South Side of San Antonio from the Texas Tech University System, the University of Texas System and the Texas A&M University System. The Texas A&M University System responds with a proposal.